Do you have to let your child fly alone without an adult traveling to another city? The Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor policy can help you out. You can send your kids without an adult if they are 5 or older. Your toddlers will fly to another city under the staff’s supervision and safely land where your assigned guardian will pick up the kid.
To use this facility, you have to pay the Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minors service fee for one way, which doubles if you are opting for a round trip.
Let’s review the terms & conditions and the required fee for this service.
What Is The Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Policy?
The Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor service allows minors between 5-14 years of age to fly alone without any adult on a reservation. This service is optional for minors between 15 and 18 years of age.
Terms & Conditions:
- Kids between 0-4 years of age aren’t allowed to travel alone.
- This service is mandatory for minors between 5-14 years of age.
- Spirit Airlines’ Unaccompanied minors service is optional for non-adults between 15- 17 years of age.
- Regardless of age, if opting for the service, you must pay the required fee to use the service.
- Also, minors can’t travel on international, codeshare, or connecting flights.
- Lastly, minors can fly domestically, including Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands.
To ask for a policy explanation, dial Spirit Airlines’ unaccompanied minor phone number 1 (855) 728-3555 and book your child’s ticket with Spirit.
What Is The Age Requirements As Per Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Policy?
Guardians can use the Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minors service for their kids under different restrictions, as per their age. Read below to learn the type of conditions applicable to your kid.
|Minor’s Age||Eligible To Travel Alone||Terms & Conditions|
|Less than/ Equal To 4 Years of age.||NO||
|Between 5-14 years of age||Yes||
|15 Years or Older||Yes||
You might get a discount/ relaxation from the ticket fare or service fee if you have the $9 membership. Learn more from experts at Spirit Airlines customer service.
How Much Does Spirit Airlines Charge For Unaccompanied Minors?
The Spirit Airlines’ Unaccompanied minors policy fee is $150 per passenger each way. It means that:
- For round trips, the service cost is $300 per person.
- If two kids are on a one-way flight, it will be $150 x 2 people = $300.
- Also, the fee includes the cost of snacks and beverages.
Even though other Airlines may offer a cheaper unaccompanied minor service fee, Spirit offers a full-fledged service that is easy to purchase and reasonably charged.
How Do I Book The Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Policy Service?
One can easily book the Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy service online and offline. Visit the official website or call customer service to reserve such tickets.
Method 1: Visit The Official Website
- Firstly, go to the official domain Spirit.com.
- Next, go to the flight booking menu to fill in flight details.
- Enter flight type and destinations.
- Finally, click the number of passengers link, decrease the adult’s no to 0 and add the number of children going.
- Add the date of birth and click search.
- On the next page, you will learn if you can fly a child on Spirit Airlines based on eligibility.
- The fare breakup with the service fee will show up on the screen.
- Click accept and proceed with the prompts to complete your reservation.
Method 2: Call Spirit Customer Service
- Initially, dial Spirit unaccompanied minor policy number 1 (855) 728-3555.
- Next, wait for the IVR to respond.
- Press the necessary key to get the required service.
- Again, press the required key to speak to someone at Spirit.
- Once your call connects, give basic flight details such as destination and type.
- Further, inform that you want to book a Spirit unaccompanied minor reservation.
- They will take your child’s details and check eligibility.
- If eligible, they will inform you of eligible flights, ticket fares, and the total service fee.
- Finally, pay the entire amount, and the Spirit representative will book your child’s reservation.
Not all the flights are eligible for minor’s solo travel. Hence, kindly look for flights at least 1 week before departure to find a suitable booking for a smooth journey.
Spirit Unaccompanied Minor Process During & After Reservation
Spirit unaccompanied minor policy has specific guidelines to follow after flight booking, at the airport, during the journey, and upon the plane’s arrival.
After Booking The Ticket
Inform the Airlines that you have booked the ticket for an unaccompanied minor.
At The Airport
- Arrival: Parents/ guardians must be at the airport at least 60 minutes before the flight’s departure.
- Check-ins: Guardians/ parents must fill out Spirit Airlines minor’s flying solo form with a photo ID. It will get inserted into the child’s lanyard.
- Security Check: Request a gate pass at the ticket counter, escort the minor to the gate, and stay at the gate 15 minutes after the flight takes off.
- Boarding: The child will be pre-boarded and identified as a minor traveling solo to the flight attendant. If arriving too late, the child will get boarded last for introduction with a Flight Attendant.
On the plane
The child must wear the lanyard throughout the journey for easy identification. They can enjoy the snacks provided on board.
- The parent/guardian assigned to pick up the minor at arrival must come 60 minutes early than arrival time to get a Gate Pass from the ticket counter.
- They must stay at the gate for the plane’s arrival.
- One of the Spirit Airlines employees will escort the child and release it to the pick-up parent/guardian.
Still, finding the Unaccompanied minor policy difficult? Call Spirit Customer Service at 1 (855) 728-3555, and the experts will clear your doubts.
Can A Minor Travel Internationally Alone With Spirit Airlines?
Minors who fly solo with Spirit Airlines cannot board any international and connecting flight. The kids can fly alone with Spirit only on a direct domestic flight (including those Spirit flights operating across Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands).
Minors above 15 years of age, if not opting for the unaccompanied policy, are free to travel anywhere. However, they must possess a picture ID to verify their age.
Read More Blog Here:
Talk to a live person at Spirit Airlines
Frequently Asked Questions
Can unaccompanied minors fly on Spirit?
Surely, they can. Spirit Airlines’ unaccompanied minor policy allows kids between 5-14 years of age (both ages inclusive) to fly alone if they enroll for this service. Minors above 15 years old can fly like an adult to all types of flights (connections/ international flights) that are barred for minors younger than 15 years old if they don’t opt for the service).
Does Spirit Airlines charge for unaccompanied minors?
Kids permitted by Spirit Airlines to fly under the special minor’s solo travel scheme must pay a $150 fee per head per flight. Under this charge, it provides child supervision, TSA-approved snacks and drinks, and other facilities. With this fee, the escort picks up and drops the kid off to assigned guardians at arrival and departure.
How much is Spirit Airlines’ unaccompanied minor fee?
The cost for ‘Unaccompanied Minor’ as per Spirit Airlines is $150 per head each way. For a round trip for one kid, it is $300. Also, a charge per head would be applicable if multiple minors are flying under one reservation. You have to pay the fee while booking the ticket with the airline.
Can a 14-year-old fly alone on Spirit?
Yes, they can. Any child above 4 years of age can travel alone with the unaccompanied service. Minors above 15 years of age are free to travel as regular adults. However, if minors between 15- 17 years of age opt for the service, they can travel only on the regulated routes for children traveling alone.
How do I book an unaccompanied minor on Spirit Airlines?
To fly with Spirit Airlines as an unaccompanied minor, you must visit the website as usual. On the booking section, mention the number of passengers as required and fill in the date of birth of the minor passenger. If eligible, you must follow the rest of the prompts to book your flight under the facility.