Flight ticket cancellations can be costly, and the process has many hassles. If you are aware of Spirit Airlines cancellation policy, you can save a huge amount of your travel expenses. Everyone must know the cancellation process because plans can drop or change unexpectedly.
Depending on your travel route, days left for departure, and flight type, charges to cancel a flight or rebook the ticket might differ. You can contact customer service or read below to get answers quickly.
What Is The Cancellation Policy For Spirit Airlines?
The updated Spirit Airlines cancellation policy 2022 & 2023 is based on how many days are left for your flight’s departure when you cancel your ticket. If more than 60 days are left for your flight to depart, you don’t need to pay any charges. When less than 60 days are left, you must pay a certain fee to change/ cancel your ticket with Spirit.
The cost of canceling flights will increase if there are fewer days left for flights to take off. Since tickets are nonrefundable, you will get Spirit Airlines cancellation policy credit to your full ticket amount. You can use the reservation credit to pay for taxes, fees, and in-flight purchases in the future.
24 Hours Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy
The Spirit Airlines flight cancellation policy of 24 hours allows individuals to cancel their tickets without any deductions. It comes after US Department Of Transportation guidelines. Here are its conditions:
- Travelers must cancel their reservation on the day of buying ticket (Within 24 hours).
- Flight’s departure must be scheduled more than 168 hours during purchase (7 days).
The Spirit air cancellation policy won’t charge you any fee for revoking flight, and the entire amount go back to your original form of payment. If you have an award ticket, miles/ points will get back to your account.
How To Cancel Spirit Airlines Flight?
One can use the cancellation policy Spirit Airlines through the My trips option in the official website or calling reservations.
Method 1: Visit The Official Website
- Firstly, checkout the website: Spirit.com
- Next, check the My Trips menu available on top left section.
- Further, login/ signup to your Spirit Account.
- Or, fill the Find My Trip form using last name and confirmation code.
- Press continue and review your ticket details.
- After that, review your ticket details.
- Also, click the cancel this booking button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete cancellation.
At check-out page, it will show refund break up amount. You can check if you were charged cancelation fee or not. After 24 hours, you will receive reservation credit for future travel.
Method 2: Use Spirit Airlines Customer Service
- Initially, dial 1 (855) 728-3555 to talk to someone from Spirit.
- The IVR will started providing automated response.
- Press # to repeat instructions for more clarity.
- Dial the necessary key to get the cancel flight service.
- Further, press the needed key to get a hold of someone.
- Once the call connects, inform the agent that you want to cancel flight.
- Also, provide booking ID and reference number.
The executive will let you know the Spirit Airlines cancel policy fee and service charge. Pay the required amount and receive refund as credits for future use.
How Much Does Spirit Airlines Charge For Cancellation?
Spirit charge to cancel a flight is between $0 – $99 per head in a reservation. The cost to cancel flight depends upon days left for flights departure. Except in 24-hour cancellation policy, all other cancel flight orders get refunds in the form of reservation credits.
Follow this table to know your Spirit cancelation fee:
|Days Left For Take-Off||Cancel Flight Fee|
|60+ days Left||Free|
|7-59 days Left||$49|
|0-6 days Left||$99|
Dial Spirit Airlines customer service number 24 hours at 1 (855) 728-3555 to learn more about applicable cancelation fees and hidden charges.
Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy Due To Weather
Spirit Airlines cancellation policy due to hurricane/ weather changes allows you to receive a full refund as per the original form of payment. However, the airline will also offer you reservation credit, and passengers can choose between one of them.
You will not be charged any cancellation fee. The airline will provide you with another flight with the same itinerary or refund you the entire booking amount.
Spirit Airlines Refund Policy
If you’ve seen Spirit Airlines cancellations this week or canceled the ticket yourself, the refund amount would matter from case to case, as per the time left for ticket departure. Read below to learn more about the refund policy of Spirit:
- If you’ve canceled the booking as per the 24-hour Spirit airline cancellation policy, the entire booking amount is available through the original form of payment.
- If you cancel a ticket from 60+ days to 1 hour before your flight’s departure, when 24 hours to booking have passed, the refund is available as reservation credit.
- Also, if you cancel the ticket more than 60 days before departure, you will get the entire ticket amount as a refund via reservations credit.
- Passengers must use the refund credit before expiry as the limit isn’t expandable.
As per the Spirit Airlines cancellation policy due to illness/ death, you may receive the entire booking amount in the original form of payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Spirit Airlines Have A 24 Hour Cancellation Policy?
Yes, indeed. It allows you to cancel a flight for free within 24 hours of its purchase, provided 7+ days are left for departure. The entire booking amount would get back to your original form of payment. These types of cancellation refunds are processed quite early.
What is Spirit airline cancellation policy?
Spirit Airlines change flight/ cancel booking policy depends upon days left for flight departure before you cancel/ change your flight. When more than 60 days are left, no fee is charged, and the entire booking amount is refunded through reservations credit that you can use for future travel.
Does Spirit give refunds if you cancel a flight?
The Spirit Airlines cancellation policy lets you modify your flight upto an hour before departure and receive a refund after deducting the cancellation fee. However, you will receive full refund in the original payment form if you cancel within the day of booking. The departure must be away by 7+ days.
How much is Spirit cancellation fee?
Spirit Cancel Flight Fee
|Days before departure||Fee|
|60-plus days||No Fee Applicable.|
Does Spirit Airlines have cancellation insurance?
In collaboration with Travel Guard, the Airlines offer Spirit Airlines cancellation policy due to covid or any other type of cancellation. If you think your plans are flexible and need a safeguard, you must buy travel insurance at a nominal cost from the official website or reservations.